Tuesday 7 August 2012

Worth the wait

I first spotted this dress a month or so ago on very and decided i needed to have it but i was going through my shopping ban at the time so i couldn't buy it. This didn't stop me stalking it on the website then last week i saw it was reduced from £25 to £12.50 and i knew it was now or never so i quickly added it to my cart and took up residence by the letter box waiting for it!
I love he diner print it has a very 50's america feel to it
I didn't have to wait long i ordered it Friday afternoon and by lunch time Saturday it was here, which was super quick delivery. I got the dress in a size 22 as the 24 was sold out, i was a bit unsure about the fit and thought it might be a bit tight but the dress has an elasticised back panel so i didn't need to worry. The straps are adjustable which is good but they are really thin and as i don't own a strapless bra i had to wear a cardigan. The dress is also lined and has pockets!! Although i never use pockets i like to have them.
I wore this dress to the cinema to see TED and then to visit my nan and mum later in the day. It was very comfortable and easy to wear and the print is just gorgeous isn't it?!

Something was reflecting on my lense
i dont have a misty eye






I really like the neckline on the dress so i thought i'd show
you a close up 
I wore this dress with primark flats and headscarf and the cardigan is new look inspire years ago. The bag is irregular choice I've had it a while it was last seen in this post. I'd recommend this dress to anyone its really lovely, i've had a look on the website but they only have size 8 and 10 left at £15 (if you are then i'd snap it up it won't be there for long)
I know a few bloggers have got this dress and the lovely Elena from frivolous mrs d has blogged about it too so go and see how she styled it.
I hope you've all had a lovely weekend have you been up to much?
XOXO


27 comments:

  1. that's such a great print and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this dress is gorgeous! Jealous much! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you I'm hoping they do more 50s style prints xx

      Delete
  3. Bloody lovely that dress like! Good catch!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! this dress is so cute! u look fab :) xxx

    http://www.unnakednails.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the print on this dress, and your IC bag is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I've not seen anything similar I love that bag it's one of my favourite IC ones xx

      Delete
  6. Looks great! Love the lil bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to get this dress too! The print is just fab and you look gorgeous as always! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cut of this dress is as amazing as the print! The headscarf is a perfect little touch with it too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it?! I love headscarfs they are great for when I'm having a bad hair day xx

      Delete
  9. i love that dress, it looks so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awh wow that is gorgeous! I love all these retro prints that are about atm.

    http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ I am trying to get my followers up at the moment so if you like what you see I will greatly appreciate your follow :). If you already follow I apologise.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there can never be enough retro prints for me xx

      Delete
  11. Absolutely love this dress! What an amazing print! You look amazing in it, too- love the way you've dressed it xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dress, and your glasses! I'm a big fan of the 50s vibe :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. snap!!! i bought the same dress from very! i love the fit of it, very flattering! you are rocking it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it?! I can't wait to see you in it glad your back xx

      Delete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.