Saturday 25 August 2012

An oldie but i love it

Toady's dress is one i got from Evans about 2 years ago, i remember wandering in on the off chance and seeing this on the sale rail. I was drawn to it straight away and when i tried it on i fell in love. I still love this dress 2 years later, it's really comfortable and i really love the shape. It's made from a jersey material but unlike other dresses i have had it hasn't bobbled or lost it's shape along the way and thats why i love it.

IMG_3041
Had my eyes shut but i like the pic so it stayed
The dress has a really lovely floral print and is cut so the material covers the top of your arms but it doesn't have sleeves so it keeps you lovely and cool. I wore my oversized bow headband and tights with it, i was going to add a brooch but i didn't have time to hunt in my collection before i went out. The dress is a size 20 and still fits me well even though i am now a 22. As i bought it so long ago its no longer in the stores but I'm sure it will pop up on ebay if you wanted one. I'm sure this dress will be in my wardrobe for years to come.

IMG_3044


IMG_3049
Marvin photo bombing
Do you keep clothes for a long time or do you change your wardrobe with the seasons?
I hope you all have a great weekend.
XOXO

17 comments:

  1. lovely dress! :) very cute with the bow in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my goodness look at Marvin..:)I like him so so muchhh.. You have a very nice kitty dear Rachel.. You know I LİKE Animals...:)))
    And you are so cute in your floral dress..:)) Yes You are so so pretty.. you choose so perfect dresses. After I met you, I take care the print of dresses or clothes when I buy some outfits for myself.. You teached this to me..
    Thank you dear friend..
    I am really pleased to meet you. Thank you..
    All good days...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you beck Marvin sends meows :) I love prints on dresses and clothes they look so nice I'm glad you are getting some too. It's very nice to have met you too xx

      Delete
  3. I do try and change with the seasons but I always have a few favourites I keep going back too :-)

    Love the bow too!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how old favourites can bring back memories too but I do love buying new things too Xx

      Delete
  4. I do love a floral print, that shape looks great on you, gives you a great waistline! This going to sounds like an old lady comment but I find clothes just don't last like they used to - even expensive pieces, maybe I'm just to hard on my wardrobe I do tend to stick to my favourites x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) I agree everything seems to shrink these days! Xx

      Delete
  5. That's such a pretty dress! Really love it on you. If I love a particular dress or accessory etc I'll keep hold of it for years and keep wearing it. Some things were made for rewearing and this is definitely one of them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me and I'm a undiagnosed hoarder lol :) thank you xx

      Delete
  6. I love oldies but favs like this! I can see why its still a staple- it looks gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I do love the old ones especially as your less likely to see someone else in it too xx

      Delete
  7. Ooh, very pretty! I'm all about the new, but I go back to a few old favourites when I find them buried in the back of the wardrobe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I like new things but I do keep clothes for ages so I like to get the oldies out every once in a while xx

      Delete
  8. That dress looks fab on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. if it still fits and I still like it, it stays. if not, it goes in the box for ebay. Sometimes clothes stay in the ebay box for so long that I either fit in it again or I like it again so it goes back into my wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this idea! In yet to get anything back out of the bag so I suppose I'm doing well lol xx

      Delete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.