Saturday 11 August 2012

Birds yard

Firstly how have i never been to or heard of this wondrous place before?! From the second i walked in i was in love it was like walking into Ariels cave in the little mermaid, so many treasures under one roof. I literally swooned when i walked in and the first thing i spotted was the smeg fridge it the kitchen area of the marvellous tea room on the ground floor. It is a vintage lovers dream, old fashioned sweets to buy, teacups, teapots and lots of other vintage pieces to buy. Heres a few pictures i took while i waited for my delicious toasted peanut butter and nutella sandwich to come.

How cute are these menus made from old books?!

The sandwich in question check out the sparkle!

how cute is the table set up?!

The main reason that i had gone to this magnificent place was to see the lovely Chloe from lifes big canvas and have a nosey around her shop which is great! Chloe sells amazing jewellery and there is something for everyone and every taste. I ended up buying a few things and the hubby bought me a present too.
Firstly here are a few pictures from Chloe's shop

Angie from the marvellous tea room and the lovely Chloe
in her shop. Look at that amazing dinosaur necklace!
Lots of amazing things here 

Image taken from Chloe's instragram
Look I'm next to the glasses chains!
And here what i bought while i was there
A little fox bag 
Dinosaur brooch

Chloe put this in as a free gift which was so nice of her

I got 2 new glasses chains a flamingo and another cat
This was my present from my hubby its the cookie monster
with his own jar a cookies
On the same floor as Chloe is Aurora Vintage which has some amazing pieces. They have both clothes and accessories, there was a number of bags that caught my attention! The shop is very well laid out with plenty of space to move about and some really creative ways of hanging stock. Here is the link to their ebay store and Facebook page.
There is also dora's gift box which sell some amazing toys including paper dress up dolls which brought back some lovely memories for me as my nan got me a few of these when i was younger. I think they make great gifts for young children and i really loved mine.
Now we go up another level where you can find blonde fury hair if your 'do is in need of some attention. As you know i have the hairdresser fear but i was at at ease straight away talking to Chloe she was very friendly and i got chance to see a cut she had just done and i must say it looked lovely.
Then there is the birds art room run by lovely cray fish who is an amazing artist and prints her designs onto bags, tshirts etc. There was a lovely aztec cat design that i spotted straight away, which I'm sure will be sold out in no time.
And finally there is bird shell a great place for more vintage, there was so many amazing pieces in there. There was also some hand made accessories including a ring made from an unused typewriter key. I spotted this while i was there and bought it straight away i love it. I mean who doesn't love a good bit of headwear?! It was made by Melissa Dawson who's shop can be found here


I really thought Birds Yard was an amazing place full of great people, shops and an amazing atmosphere. If you are in leeds then make sure you visit i assure you it is most defiantly worth the trip! Let me know if any of you go and what you think
XOXO

Here are the links to all the shops you can find there
Birds yard
The marvellous tea room
Life's big canvas
Aurora vintage
Blonde fury hair
Bird shell
Lovely cray fish
Parlour milliner
Dora's gift box


22 comments:

  1. Hi My dear friend Rachel, First of all thank you so so much or shops adresses. You know this is so important for me as I like to buy from international stores..:))
    I found Aurora Vintage from ebay I will look the shop and I will look the other shops of course..
    You I like shop You had visited. I like vintage cute shops so much, you may find so pretty things there. And... I must say I like your cat eyeglass chain very much..:)) Ohh yes you find so cute and pretty things all the time..:))
    happy weekend..:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beck :) I love my new glasses chains too. The shop is so amazing I had a great time I hope you enjoy your weekend xx

      Delete
  2. It seems all the good places are up north.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is amazing I can't believe I'd never heard of it/been before ! Maybe there are some hidden gems like this near you? Xx

      Delete
  3. I think I'm going to have to make a trip, it looks fabulous and I think I could spend hours in the tearoom alone.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's proper amazing ! We could call in before the clothes swap if your still going? Xx

      Delete
    2. That sounds like a fab idea, I'm definitely still coming :)
      x

      Delete
    3. we're not open on sundays i'm afraid :(

      Delete
    4. let me know when you do!

      Delete
    5. I keep forgetting the swap is on Sunday not Saturday silly me my memory is the worst! Xx

      Delete
    6. We'll have to get together one Saturday so that we can go and visit :)
      x

      Delete
  4. Wow so much pretty stuff under one roof I am off to check out the links Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so much pretty stuff under one roof! I'm off to check out the links, thanks, in need of glasses chain! Pesky Chloe here I come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it ?! I have 3 chains from her now they are amazing Xx

      Delete
  6. Wow! What an amazing place! It looks like the sort of place I would swoon over, too. Love all your little buys- your little free gift especially is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing I want to live there ! Me too it was so nice of her to do that it was a lovely touch xx

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness!! What gorgeous shops!! I love that fox bag- super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely even better in real life! It's a gorgeous bag isn't it ?! Xx

      Delete
  8. Sorry lisa deleted the comment by mistake :(
    Your right so many amazing things I want it all xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.