Wednesday 15 August 2012

Lush lippy

I don't usually post beauty or make up mostly because i tend to be quite behind the times when it comes to what the kids are wearing! I had seen a few ladies blog about the lush make up range and decided to try it for myself when i passed a lush store recently. I went straight up to the make up section and was drawn to this red, an assistant came over and gave me a test wand to try it out.

Its called decisive which i most defiantly am not! its a lovely red colour and looks great on your lips. The assistant in the shops said you can use it as eyeliner or on your cheeks, i personally wouldn't use this as eyeliner because i'd look like i had an infection! i did try it on my cheeks but it looked crazy the colour is so strong that even with a tiny amount i looked like a rosy cheeked doll. Its safe to say that i will be using the the way i had originally intended on my lips where it looks fab.
For an idea of size

The wand
This was £14.50 which is quite pricey so i don't think i would be buying more than one, but the colour is very vibrant and it did stay on well when i wore it. A little of this seems to go a long way so i think i might last a while. Now onto what it looks like on lips
On my hand

Close up of my lips

I was ready to go out in the sun hence the
sunglasses.

I really do like the colour of this and i did see a nice pink and purple while i was in the store but I'm not sure if i will be going back as £29 for two lipsticks its quite a lot and i could buy a dress for that. I would recommend the lipstick if you have some spare cash or want to get someone a gift, the colour is fab and it seems to have decent staying power.
I hope you enjoyed something a little different from me.
Do you have anything from the lush make up range?
XOXO



11 comments:

  1. i love the colour, i've very behind the times i didn't even know Lush did make up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only been out a few weeks lots of wacky colours but some nice classic ones too xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this out. It is that red one that I would like to try so it is good seeing someone reviewing it as it has mainly been the more wacky colours I have seen reviewed. I just wish I had some spare cash.

    Much love: http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lovely colour and gets deeper when you blot, I was like you too I wanted to try the red but id only seen green oranges and purples xx

      Delete
  3. The colour looks fab, I think if I was going to try any of the Lush make up it would be this simply because I love having red lips.

    Does it feel sticky at all when it's on your lips? I don't like anything that feels sticky. I wouldn't expect it to because the Lush make up range is pretty multi-purpose but I have to ask.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all sticky and when you blot it gets dryer It's a great colour you could always go instore and try it they gave me a brand new wand so I could try it on my lips xx

      Delete
    2. I may have to pop into Lush when I come to Leeds for the clothes swap, I don't have one that's nearer to me :(

      x

      Delete
  4. Hi dear Rachel, You seem so so beautiful with your new lush lippy and sunglasesses.. The price is quiet high but It must be so fashionable and the color is really effective and long live.. I really like it.. Be sure that the color is so perfect for your lips.. Your lips are so nice with it..
    Best wishes and happy summer days...:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks beck it is a very nice colour :) enjoy your week xx

      Delete
  5. What a great lip colour! It definitely makes a statement and looks amazing on you! You really do suit red lips! I used to wear a red eye liner from B and it actually looks better then you'd think! This has got me thinking if I should try that look again with this one haha. I think you get a lot for your money with these new make up pots, it should last ages so the price isn't too bad. Good for a payday treat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you when I was younger I never wore lipstick only gloss and I don't know why because lipstick looks so much better on me .I'm not sure I'd try it but I'm intrigued to see what it would look like, I'm not really a wearer of colourful eye make up I wear mostly browns golds and black but I love it on other people xx

      Delete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.