Wednesday 29 August 2012

Clothes swap

On Sunday i collected together some clothes i no longer,or in some cases had never worn along with a few pairs of shoes and set off for my first ever fat swap. The concept is great and it was the first swap i'd ever been to, for those of you who don't know what a clothes swap is you take items you no longer love and swap for ones that you do. Everyone brought plenty of things and looking through the rails and tables there was something for everyone and every taste. I just want to take a second to thank everyone that was involved in the swap you made it a really great day!
So here's what i wore, now a few of you may have seen this before i was my first ever ootd back when i started my blog but its such a nice dress and so comfy that i wanted to show you all again. The dress is from SimplyBe i looked on the website but it doesn't seem to be available, I'm not surprised by this as the dress is so great and i did buy it 4 months ago.

P1012591


P1012595

I wore the dress with my primark headscarf,Irregular Choice robot bag and the glass chain and ring are from lifes big canvas
I got quite a few bits from the swap here's a sneak peek of what i got, my favourite being a beautiful red coat just like my nan used to have so whoever brought it if your reading this then thank you.

IMG_3202

I also got a few zines while i was there i think they are amazing and have almost finished reading them, even marvin approved. I also picked up Kirtsy's first steps to fat acceptance its great i think everyone should have a copy.
IMG_3203
IMG_3196

I had a great day, met lots of lovely people and got to see my clothes go off to new homes where I'm sure they will be very happy. I can't wait for the next swap!
Over the last few months through blogging, twitter and events that you great ladies have put on i have met lots of new people (online and irl), you all rock and i just wanted to tell you that. It's a great community and i have been welcomed with open arms and never been made to feel alone or uncomfortable and for that i love you.
I'll stop being all weird and gushy now :p
Have you been to any clothes swaps, did you get some amazing things like me ?
XOXO

22 comments:

  1. Dear Racarhel, You are a very good and very kind friend. That blogging life is amazing as we are all friends in a good company.. I am very happy to meet you.. I like your dress so much. But I have to say your bag... It is amazing....
    Best warm wishes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its great to speak to you to beck :) thank you, i love the bag its one of my favourites and so big you can fit so much in it xx

      Delete
  2. More fat swaps asap! So many new friends thanks to blogging and its awesome! Love you too! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gutted that I missed out on the swap, it looks like so much fun. I'll definitely be at the next one! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was you deff need to book your train tickets before so if your card goes walkies you can still come xx

      Delete
    2. I will be doing, I don't want any mishaps like this happening again.
      x

      Delete
  4. I love this dress i have it too ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great time! That dress looks amazing on you, and your bow looks lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did I really love the idea of swaps and plus size ones are great as you know you'll get more than just accessories. Thank you :D xx

      Delete
  6. You look fabulous in that dress- it's so pretty, and I love the hair scarf! You make me want to wear them. I've loved getting to know you a little over the last few months and seeing all the amazing outfits you wear! I always look forward to seeing your posts pop up on my dash xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you louise you should try one I love wearing them and they are great for bad/greasy hair days! Ditto I'm so happy I found your blog I hope one day when your better we can meet up in person xx

      Delete
  7. Love the outfit & love the fat swaps idea! I've never been able to swap clothes as no friends my size, It would be lovely to pass things on & get something fab & new in return. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) its great and I had such fun it there any other plus bloggers in your area you could arrange one there is going to be another in nov time I think not sure if it's a bit far for you xx

      Delete
  8. You look fabulous in that dress, it really, really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was lovely to meet you and i had a really good time, can't wait for the next one.

    i didn't see the zines or i would have got some, seem a few comments about them on other blogs and would love to have a read

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise :) i think you can buy Kirsty's zine from her etsy page I'll see if I can find a link and tweet you xx

      Delete
  10. I wanted your bag and dress! I may have to borrow your zines at some point for a nosey through them :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that bag I call it my swimming bag it's the same material as one I took swimming when I was younger ! Sure I'll fetch then the next time we meet up xx

      Delete
  11. LONDON SWAP!? I'm going to start saving things in case somebody organises one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there has been a few in the past there ace ! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.