Saturday 2 June 2012

Work jubilee day

Yesterday was jubilee day at work we could come dressed in a 50's style or dressed up as a king or queen. I work in a call center and most of the time we have to wear business dress but on the occasional day we get to dress down or dress up like yesterday. I went for a 50's look but unlike most of the people at work i wore things from my own wardrobe rather then renting a fancy dress costume. I love the 50's and the style they had so i had a fair few items to choose from. I decided to wear my hair in a headscarf i really love how it looks and how much it reminds me of my nan.So heres what i wore








Swirly twirly rachel
This is me in work taking some homemade (not by me)
cakes around to raffle off sorry for the blur i
just can't show any work related stuff


So where was my outfit from, the skirt is Irregular Choice i bought it in the london store 2 years ago and i love it. It has two poodles on and is made from a really thick felt i got this in a size large and its fits great if i wear it high wasted. The black cami is from asos curve size 22 and the little black cardigan is from asda size 20. My headscarf came in a two pack from primark and the shoes are fro there also.
I know have 6 days off work and I'm so glad! Are any of you in the uk doing anything nice with your bank holiday off or do you have to work ?
XOXO

24 comments:

  1. Oh wow. This skirt is amazing! You look fab! I've got 9 whole days off work and I am so looking forward to it! Happy Jubilee weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you i love it. enjoy your time off i hope you have fun xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, you look positively beautiful! Love the skirt! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D This is brilliant! Love the matching lipstick to x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you the lipstick is just bitten by revlon one of the lip pens it's great xx

      Delete
  4. I need a skirt like that in my life! I want saddles shoes and to look like i just stepped off the set of Grease!!! :) you look fab! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brett said they are really easy to make he made a few before xx

      Delete
  5. This outfit is amazing and you look incredible in it Rachel! Wow! LOVE the skirt and hair scarf. You would have been the most stylish person at work hands down! And I know that without knowing your colleagues. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) I loved it it's deff one of my favourite outfits I love headscarves they are a great cover up if you've not had time to wash your hair plus I love me some granny chic xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Rachel!:) Really cool outfit! You look great!;)
    Today I've been discovering really inspiring plus-size blogs and yours is one of them. Love it! I will be following you!;)
    I'd love for you to visit my blog and let me know what you think of it: http://thegirlwhocouldntbeafashionista.blogspot.ie/
    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that is such a nice thing to say its nice to know I'm inspiring someone :) I'm off the check out your blog now xx

      Delete
  7. wow, love the Skirt, You look fab!
    xoxo Jana

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG a poodle skirt!!! I was so obsessed when I was younger! I want to try to find one of these to wear! You look so cute in this outfit!!!
    And thank you so much for the sweet comment and for following my blog!! I am following you back with pleasure!!
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you i was really happy when i tried it on and it fit as it was labeled up at a 14-16 the only others id seen before were fancy dress ones and looked a bit cheap. your welcome and thank you for following xx

      Delete
  9. Love the skirt! :) You look beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much i love your blog and yur style so thats a major complemnt :) xx

      Delete
  10. You look amazing! I really love your style!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really love this look on you, its suits you soo much xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.