Monday 11 November 2013

Lovely Luna

The next piece I'm reviewing from Taking Shape is the Luna Petti Dress, now this dress is designed to be worn under  dresses as a slip and to add some volume at the bottom ( i just thought it looked cute and didn't realise this till i read the description!) . But as you all know I don't like to wear everything as originally intended so I am going to be wearing this as a dress on it's own.

PB035031

You could wear this as a slip it's very comfortable and the silky material means it wouldn't bunch your dresses up or you could wear it as a dress like me and break all the rules !

PB035032

Again i was sent this in a XL which is an equivalent to a 22 and the fit is great however for a more fitted style you might want to size down, the material is very stretchy so i think i could fit well beyond the size 26 it goes to.

PB035036

I like the dress just loose but i decided to style it up with a belt, now I'm not a huge belt fan to be honest but i think this dress does benefit from a belt if you intend to wear it a dress like me rather than a slip.

PB035029

Some of you eagle eyed people might have spotted this belt and recognised it as the Beth Ditto belt from the Evans range several years ago. I love the sparkles and cameos on the belt and i thought it went perfectly with the dress.

PB035035

I love the frilly mesh hemline and think if your wearing it as a sip it could add some nice volume to the dress your wearing over it, or if your wearing it like me it just adds a bit of fun to the dress. As much as i like a little black dress i do like it to have a little something extra just to make it stand out a little and this dress does that for me.

PB035038

I really love this dress and i think it goes to show that if you like something then wear it don't worry about what it was initially intended to be worn as and let your style shine through. I really love everything that i was sent from Taking Shape and the website has so much to offer from little black dresses to coats and basics and much much more! They also have a twitter so if you have any questions or thoughts I'm sure they would love to hear from you, there a friendly bunch so say hi! 
XOXO

12 comments:

  1. I quite like the "underwear as outerwear" trend, although I'm not often brave enough to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too i need to find a long line bra to rock as a top! xx

      Delete
  2. Really lovely! Love the fact you've kind of adapted it to suit you, the belt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, it's very pretty! Love that belt. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too i forgot i had it until a few weeks ago when i was clearing out xx

      Delete
  4. It doesn't look like your average slip, so it definitely works as a dress, too! It looks pretty damn fabulous on you! I love the frilly hem- wouldn't it look cute peeking out from under a slightly shorter flared skirt or dress?! The belt is amazing, too. I love cameos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hem of this! :) I also love how you made it work :)
    http://lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I never saw that belt when it was out. I'm a big fan of cameos and probably would've bought it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wanted it so bad when it was released i had and never have seen anything like it xx

      Delete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.