Saturday 29 December 2012

Summer and Winter style

A lot of people I know have a summer and a winter wardrobe but i don't like to set clothes aside just for a particular season, so i do like to get things that i think can be layered up and worn during the winter but won't look out of place in the summer. When i was contacted recently by Freshwater PR who work with Curvissa about their SS13 tribal style range this dress jumped out at me, perfect and lightweight for the summer but i though i could winter it up easily too.
When i received the dress i was really pleased, its a lovely lightweight 100% cotton so it lets you breath, perfect for the summer heat. I got a size 22 which is my usual size and found the fit great with a little room, so if you are between sizes i would suggest sizing down.


This is how i would wear this in the summer, i'd like to say i'd probably be less pale but that would be a lie as you all know me and the sun aren't great friends! I kept the dress as it came, although you can remove the belt if you wanted too, and added some little black pumps. The dress is lovely and long enough to wear without tights in the summer time.

P1013387

Here is my winter look for this dress. I added some 120 denier tights from Yours, my snow boots from Primark and my New Look cardigan. I wore this out to dinner with some friends and it kept me toasty warm. I really love the print on this dress, it's so different to anything else in my wardrobe at the minute. The dress is available in sizes 14-32 here for £35.

P1013394

I have also picked out a few of my favourite bits from the site.
I love the print on this dress, i think i may need to buy it to add to my ever growing maxi dress collection. Available in sizes 14-32 here for £49.
Dress £49 Curvissa.co.uk.jpg


This dress is really cute and the skull print adds an edge to it. Available in sizes 14-32 here for £42.
Print dress Curvissa.JPG


I love the look of biker jackets with dresses although i don't think they suit me i love them on other people. I think this faux leather one is great again you can get this from size 14-32 here for £85.
Studded biker jacket £85 Curvissa.co.uk 58369472
I'm always on the look out for a nice party dress and i think this one is fab, i love the lace and the detail down the side of the dress. Available in size 14-32 here for £110, this is quite a pricey dress but i think it would last a lifetime and its a classic style that would always look good.

Evening dress Curvissa.JPG

Lastly this beautiful scalloped hem evening dress. It's available in black or ecru in sizes 14-32 here for £105.


Dress £105 Curvissa 4429841.jpg

One of the great things about Curvissa for me is the range in sizes fro a 14-32 and the range in prices, no matter what your budget you will find something on here to suit you.
Do you have separate clothes for winner and summer or is your wardrobe a big mash up like mine?
XOXO 

13 comments:

  1. Looking great as usual!! I find I wear more dresses in winter as I love the thick tights & boots look, so yeah why limit a dress to just one season!

    Hope your enjoying the holidays, all the best for 2013!
    Mrs Brown @Mrs Brown's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I just love dresses no matter what the weather lol . I'm having a good time off I hope your enjoying it too xx

      Delete
  2. That dress is lovely on you. I like how you showed it styled for summer and winter. :)

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I thought it would be good to show it 2 ways xx

      Delete
  3. Great dress and i love the winter look most! That green biker jacket is way cool too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I love my pat butcher cardigan it's the best :) xx

      Delete
  4. I like the winter styled one best. That cardi is adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit; I love both looks, and I really like the skull print dress. I'm like you; I like to wear most of my clothes all year round and just layer them up for Winter. I don't actually have a lot of Winter clothes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) me too I realised the other day my faux fur coats and 1 jumper ate my winter only bits lol xx

      Delete
  6. Oh my! I love that green jacket it is too cute. Loveing your blog too.

    http://kittyfatshion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too like dresses that I can pair with tights/boots in winter and bare legs in summer, although I'm finding I do have some dresses that are just too summery to wear throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.